Looking for an experienced tutor for our 7-year-old son who will be entering 2nd grade at School this summer. Tutoring to commence immediately and span a minimum of 8 weeks this summer, with sessions ideally to extend throughout the school year. Tutor sessions must take place at our home in the San Carlos Hills (i. e. no remote teaching).
A little about our son and tutoring needs:
- He finished 1st grade about 2 trimesters behind grade level due to distance learning, we're trying to do some Covid learning loss catch-up
- Reading: He's reading at about Level F currently. Primary issues are around phonics, he's not able to blend more than about 3 sounds with any accuracy. Needs some focus on sight words and writing as well.
- Math: He's primarily using counting strategies at the moment but needs to progress to understanding the base 10 system so he can tackle 2 digit problems.
- He'll be attending a 4 week summer school program and we'd like to supplement that learning for the duration of the summer and likely into the fall term as well.
Tutor qualifications include:
- College degree or in the process of completing their undergraduate studies
- Must have experience working with young elementary school aged students
- Must be able to teach first grade level phonics, reading, writing, and math.
- Available for three 1-hour sessions during the summer afternoons for the first 4-5 weeks (1-5 p.m. availability - exact timing can be coordinated during interview). More timing flexibility can be provided during the month of August.
Please reply with your experience and rates, we're looking forward to chatting with you!
Student is our 7-year son. See description enclosed of his academic needs.
Tutoring must take place in person.
Yes, street parking easily accessible in front of our complex.