$15 – 18/hr
Independent, local, Christian Preschool seeking to hire a full time Assistant Director to join our team. You must enjoy working with teachers and staff to help the center offer the best possible experience for our families. Full time hours would vary based on the daily needs but will include closing the center each day. The Assistant Director must dress professionally and uphold the professionalism expected of the job.
As the Assistant Director you must be kind, patient and loving. You must be a strong leader, with the ability to manage a diverse group of children and staff. It is important that you are an effective communicator, as you will be interacting with staff, parents and children on a daily basis. You must be skilled at CPR, first aid and other routine emergency treatments. It is imperative that you are organized, detail-oriented, trustworthy, responsible, punctual and reliable. You must be able to work independently, perform assigned jobs with few errors and minimal supervision. As the Assistant Director of the Preschool you will be tasked with a number of behind-the-scenes duties to keep the day care center running smoothly. You must constantly help in monitoring the center, ensuring that it is a safe and healthy place for children, and adhere to proper licensing regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor, manage and motivate preschool team (including: hiring, performance reviews, firing, recognition program, etc.) to ensure accurate performance of job duties and responsibilities, adhering to lesson plans and providing outstanding care for students.
- Daily interaction with parents and students. It will be part of your job to stay in touch with parents, making yourself readily available to listen to their comments and concerns, and keeping them informed on new developments.
- Assigning, enrolling, scheduling, tracking in internal and external systems required staff training.
- Ensure staff and student files are complete, maintain licensing required tracking for immunizations, emergency drills, vehicle inspections, allergies and medical conditions, phone directory, authorization from parents to allow student pick up from facility.
- Conduct tours with potential families and promote our center in the community
- You will assist in coordinating program implementations, assess children, helping to keep classrooms clean and organized throughout the day.
- Help plan and attend teacher meetings, workshops and special events.
- Work alongside our Chef for menu planning, food and paper product ordering, menu preparation, menu retention and product price tracking for purchases.
Education and Skills
- Minimum education requirement high school diploma or equivalent
candidates with a four-year degree in early childhood development, accounting or another related subject area will have a competitive edge.
- Prior experience working in childcare a plus.
- Prior office management or customer relations experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency with email, Excel, maintaining data bases, on-line resourcing, social media, etc.
- Working in a professional setting with an experienced Leadership team and teachers.
- Hourly Compensation with Bi-Weekly pay and Direct Deposit.
- Paid Vacation after one year of full-time employment.
- Paid holidays and Inclement Weather Days after 6 months of full-time employment.
- Paid in-service days.
- Discounted Child Care.
- Professional Development in-house and off-site.