Job Description: Math Teacher, Tutor, Education, Science, Test Prep
Closing the Gaps is a tutoring center that provides instruction K-12 in ALL subject areas, conducts test preparation (i.e. SSAT/ISEE, SAT, ACT, etc.), and offers college counseling services. Closing the Gaps has provided top notch services to the Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne, and South Miami area for over 17 years.
We are currently looking for instructors that can tutors in the following subject areas at multiple levels (Honors, AP, IB, and Cambridge):
- Arithmetic, Algebra I & II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Statistics
- Test Preparation: SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests, SSAT, EOC, and AP/IB
- Learning Coaches: accountable for creating a positive personal learning experience for students using appropriate learning methods to meet every student's needs.
At Closing the Gaps, we provide instruction at the student's home or preferred learning environment. We also offer one to one online sessions for students when requested by parent or guardian.
- Pursuing/Obtained a BA/BS Degree
- Must have a teachable, upbeat, motivated, eager, and confident personality - Prior teaching, tutoring, coaching, or consulting experience is preferred
- Must be able to commit for the entire school year - Must have a dependable car, have an excellent driving record, and a valid driver's license.
- Must be professional, on time, helpful, encouraging, and friendly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares for each instructional session
- Manage, guide and organize learning environment
- Set up work timelines and ensure assignment completion/submission
- Meet with parents 10 minutes before the lesson is over and teach the strategies taught
- Instruct students in a way that they will grasp concepts
- Writes notes after each session
- Evaluate and record progress of the student
- Encourage and Praise students
- Monthly meeting with the Parent and Director to discuss progress as needed.
- Study Skills
- Bachelors (Preferred)
- State teaching credentials (current or expired)
- Minimum of two-three years of teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of phonics and reading comprehension preferred for reading teachers
- LOOKING FOR TEACHERS IN ALL SUBJECT AREAS
JOB TYPES: Part-time, Contract
PAY: $15.00 - $45.00 per hour
SCHEDULE: 10 - 25 hours/week
- Monday to Friday
- Miami, FL (Required)
- Flexible schedule
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $45.00 per hour
Following COVID -19 guidelines at all times.